Not all people are blessed with thick and full hair. Some may have very thin hair right from childhood, whereas others start losing their hair even in their mid-20’s. Various factors affect premature hair loss in both men and women. Apart from hereditary factors, stress, lifestyle, pollution, and improper diet can also contribute to hair loss. When hair loss happens in the prime of your life, it affects your morale and spirit.
But the good news is that, due to the advancement in the field of cosmetology and medical science, it is now possible to treat hair loss before it starts affecting your personality. One such technique that helps in the regrowth of hair is PRP or Platelet Rich Plasma technique. This technique is being effectively used by the best dermatologist in Chandigarh to treat hair loss in both men and women.
What is PRP?
PRP or Platelet Rich Plasma is a technique in which a person’s blood is taken from one part of the body and injected into the scalp to trigger hair growth. Thus, this technique makes use of your own blood to facilitate hair growth.
Human blood consists of red blood cells, white blood cells, platelet, and plasma. Plasma is the fluid part of the blood that lets the red and white blood cells as well as the platelet to circulate all over the body. Platelets are cells that allow the blood to clot.
In PRP technique, blood is extracted from the patient’s body, and the red blood cells and white blood cells are removed, thus obtaining a concentration of plasma with platelets. This concentration of plasma and platelets are then injected into the scalp to promote the growth of hair.
PRP involves the following procedure
- Blood is taken from the patient’s body, mainly the arm, using a syringe.
- The blood is then spun in a centrifuge to separate the plasma and platelet from the red blood cells and white blood cells. This fluid is the PRP. PRP is a concentrated fluid that can trigger hair growth.
- The doctor then marks the area of the scalp where the treatment needs to be done.
- The area is then disinfected and made numb using local anesthesia.
- The PRP is then injected in the scalp using small needles. PRP contains growth factors that increase blood circulation to the hair follicle. This triggers hair growth.
Before After Results
Who Can Undergo PRP Treatment?
You can undergo PRP treatment with the best skin specialist in Chandigarh if
- You are not completely bald but are experiencing severe hair loss for less than five years.
- You are not suffering from medical conditions like cancer, liver disease, or thyroid.
- You are not suffering from blood disorders like dysfunctional platelet syndrome and hemodynamic instability.
- You are not a heavy smoker or frequent user of alcohol or drugs.
- You are a woman who is experiencing thinning of hair as a result of menopause.
PRP treatment is usually undertaken in people with Androgenic Alopecia where the hair on the top of the head starts thinning.
What Are the Benefits of PRP Treatment?
- PRP is an outpatient procedure that can be done in an hour. You need not spend a lot of time in the clinic to complete the process.
- The procedure is painless, and you can resume your normal activities after the procedure.
- PRP does not leave any scar marks as the treatment is purely based on injection.
- The risk of infection is minimum as there is no cut or wound. You just have to protect your scalp with a hat after the procedure.
- Since your blood is used for the treatment, your body adjusts easily. Thus, there is no risk of reaction.
- PRP has fewer side effects when compared to other forms of hair loss treatment as your own blood is used for the procedure.
Once the treatment is completed, the patient notices decreased hair fall initially. This is followed by regrowth of hair, which slowly increases in length.
What Are the Restrictions Applicable to PRP Treatment?
- Those who are undergoing the treatment should refrain from smoking or drinking alcohol at least a few days before the procedure.
- You should stop taking multivitamin tablets and other blood thinners a few days before the treatment.
- You should not wash your hair for 24 hours after the treatment.
- You should not venture out in direct sunlight. If it cannot be avoided, you should wear a hat to protect your scalp.
- You should take only those medications as prescribed by your doctor.
- Colors or hair dyes can be used a week after the treatment.
Once all the sessions are over, it would take at least six months for the result to be visible. Sometimes, repeated sessions may be required to maintain hair growth.
Why is Athena Skin Clinic Best for PRP Treatment?
- The PRP treatment at Athena Skin Clinic is undertaken by Dr. Harmandeep Sidhu M.D. Skin & V.D. With more than 12 years of experience in the field of dermatology and cosmetic procedures, she is the best skin specialist in Chandigarh.
- The international standard is followed in all aspects of the PRP treatment. Latest equipment and procedure in the field of cosmetology are followed, which ensures faster recovery after the procedure.
- The PRP procedure is undertaken after a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Harmandeep Sidhu M.D. Skin & V.D. The patient’s complete medical history is thoroughly studied before the process. All doubts and queries of the patient about PRP procedure are also cleared. We ensure confidentiality in all matters.
- We require less than one hour for the entire procedure. You need not spend the whole day in the clinic and can resume normal activities after the treatment.
- Our PRP treatment is highly cost-effective.
Athena Skin Clinic, with its expert staff and state-of-the-art infrastructure, is one of the best skin clinics in Chandigarh. We ensure that our clients are fully satisfied with our treatment.